Saint Patricks Day Tablescape

We are the music makers,
We are the dreamers of dreams
Wandering by the lone sea-breakers
And sitting by desolate streams:
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams,
Yet we are the movers and shakers,
Of the world forever, it seems.
~Arthur O'Shaughnessy~


Shawn's Homemade Irish Cream
recipe HERE

I love the above poem from an antique (circa 1887) book called The Poetry and Song of Ireland.  It has been on my want list for sometime but it is usually out of my price range. =(



The table is a setting I shared a couple of years ago.   I sor I mixed green transferware with some of my favorite Spode Byron and kept the shamrock theme minimal, only using some napkin rings I'd made from ponytail holders.


The placemats are actually napkins turned to an angle and allowing the corners to hang over the table. Isn't the trim wonderful?



Homemade Irish Cream truffles  recipe HERE) look so pretty on one of the plates.

I have some vintage green glassware that is perfect for St. Patricks Day






We really like to cover a big scoop of coffee ice cream with crunched up heath bars, and
 top it off with Irish Cream.  It's so good! Yum.


Happy Saint Patricks Day!















Sharing at:


Comments

  1. Beautiful setting. Love the trim on those napkins!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! There's something dreamy about the setting with the crocheted lace and the fluffy flowers and then.......that fabulous dessert. I wonder if we have Heath bars up here? I must check to see if they are called something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy! Oh, what a pretty table! I love all of your dishes of course and the glasses are just perfect. The green handled flatware is so nice too. Not to mentions that ice cream. Looks so yummy! I hope you're doing well and all settled in your new home. I'm dying to see more of it.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous setting! Visiting your from Tablescape Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant table, Nancy. I love the two patterns stacked. I'll gladly have one of those desserts!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, Your table is a showstopper. The lace edged placemats and those dishes are just gorgeous! I love the salad size plate with the large white/cream border. I've never seen that pattern before. You have such a great collection of rare pieces. Your deserts look amazing too! Happy St. Paddy's Day!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! And the ice cream looks great too! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! I want to have corn beef and cabbage with you !Happy Saint Patricks Day! cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.